Saturday, October 11, 2014

Tent * Fire * Stars


I have always been drawn to textiles, especially those with stories or repeating symbols. One day, I'd like to have my own design woven into a textile. Simplify a story into symbols is a fun challenge. In the end, the design relies heavily on color combinations to make it work.

This piece my look simple but the time involved, to create crisp lines and solid colors, was longer than I had imagined. ..especially when mixing specific tints and shades. I experimented with many different colors until I came up with a color combination that made me happy. 

Tent * Fire * Stars is 10"x30" acrylic painting on stretched canvas with 1.5" thick stretcher bars and painted edges. It is painted to hang either horizontal or vertical - as shown in the photos above. This painting is available at Peculiar Painter in Walker, MN for $198.00. | 218-547-DRAW

No comments:

Post a Comment