Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Sky Reflection *SOLD



Sky Reflection started as layers of reds against the blue with a palette knife. I was satisfied with a sea of pleasing color until envisioning leaves sweeping through the red. The more I thought about this piece - the more I thought of certain colors that needed to play off of the reds and sky blue. Cobalt Turquoise asked to join the palette and I couldn't deny it so the cobalt turquoise leaves came about in the upper corner...and then...I called it complete.

This piece is not going to appeal to everyone. It is a more abstract piece that needs a modern setting or...it will turn a setting into a more modern piece . . I'd imagine. 

Sky Reflection is a 12" square acrylic painting on stretched canvas with 1.5" thick stretcher bars and painted edges. I finished the piece with a beautiful Maple Ampersand floater frame. Sky Reflection is available at Peculiar Painter in Walker, MN for $315.00 framed | 218-547-3729


No comments:

Post a Comment