Monday, June 24, 2019

Bloom On *SOLD


This piece has been on my mind to paint for over a year. The main subject was one I photographed as a macro detail. I can't quite remember what it was. I believe it was a blooming shrub that I enjoyed the shape of. I wanted to create a simple but striking piece with limited color to make the red stand out.

Keeping with the clean lines of the painting - I asked my framer at Heritage framing - to pick a grey that would bring out the colors of the piece and pair with a maple style modern museum frame. The final piece has a woodblock feel but is brushed ink on 140 lb. hot press paper. It is professionally framed with conservation glass. Final size is 12.75" x 13.25". Bloom On is available at Peculiar Painter in Walker, MN | 218-547-3729

No comments:

Post a Comment