Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Modern Scandinavian Osteospermum Blooms *SOLD (prints on metal available)




 The Osteospermum flower is one I  discovered in the Spring of 2019. I bought a Osteospermum - it was white with a purple center. It loved my raised garden bed. It grew and bloomed in a round amazing ball of green. I loved it so much that when this spring arrived I searched for the same variety. During my search I came across a modified style of this bloom. It’s shape was so exaggerated and fun with the teardrop bloom ends. I decided I probably wouldn’t find this variety in norther Minnesota BUT 2 days after discovering it existed....I found it at our local greenhouse. I was giddy and bought orange, white and purple varieties. These blooms made me happy all summer.


This is the first of many Osteospermum paintings  I’m sure. It easily fits into my Modern Scandinavian Garden series with it’s already stylized shape. Modern Scandinavian Garden Osteospermum Blooms is a brushed acrylic ink painting on 187 lb. hot press paper. It is professionally framed with conservation glass to a final size of 25.25”x11.25”. It is available at Peculiar Painter in Walker, MN | 218-547-3729. The original is sold but I do have prints on metal - size 7"x21" for $82.00


No comments:

Post a Comment