Friday, April 8, 2022

A Fine Day for Fishing *SOLD


I have painted girls or women fishing in the past but more recently my fishing paintings have been of men. I was asked to correct this disproportionate ratio of men to women fishing. There are indeed - a lot of women fisher-people in the world. I count myself among these women although I have to admit that I do not clean my own fish. I am thankful to have a husband, brother, brother in laws, dad and even my Mom to clean my fish. 

I got side-tracked there. So - this painting is based on a young woman who was fishing off of a boat near our house last summer. She had a nice easy going attitude and seemed to be enjoying the fishing and atmosphere on the lake. 

A Fine Day for Fishing is an acrylic based ink painting on 350 lb. mixed media paper. This piece is professionally framed with conservation glass to a final size of 10.5"x14". It is available at Peculiar Painter in Walker, MN. | 218-547-3729

 

No comments:

Post a Comment