Monday, March 25, 2024

Weaving Reflections





 I have had this image in my mind for so long - it is satisfying to finally see it come to life! Bull Rush often appear in my paintings as a border but I wanted to see it as the main focus. When dried grasses wrap around the green Bull Rush it gives them a delicate woven quality. I wanted this piece to have a meditative quality. The blues, greens and yellow are subtle against the weaving reflections of the bull rush reflecting in the water.

Weaving Reflections is a Brushed acrylic ink painting on 140 lb. arches paper. It is professionally framed with a white matte, conservation glass and deep navy frame. The final framed size is 20" square. This piece is available at Peculiar Painter in Walker, MN. for $665.00 | 218-547-3729

8" prints on steel as well as 6" prints on ceramic tiles are also available at Peculiar Painter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment