Friday, April 2, 2021

Campsite Comforts *SOLD (prints available)




 I have had the vision for this painting since 2017. Some friends came to visit years ago and they stayed at the Shores of Leech Lake - Campsite #1. It was a gorgeous and hot September evening when we visited their campsite. I was taking photos of the scenery when my husband wandered around look at the lake view. I pictured him holding a cup of coffee and relaxing. When I started to sketch out the scene I mentioned to my husband that it needed something more. He imagined a boy playing or fishing on the rocks and I said - of course! This is based on my family but I painted it in a way that - hopefully - lets you imagine your family - enjoying the lake and family time. 

Campsite comforts is an acrylic ink painting on 187 lb. mixed media paper. The painted area measures 14" square. The final framed piece measures 20.5" square. The frame is Italian made with a gritty texture. This piece is framed with conservation glass. The original is available at Peculiar Painter in Walker, MN | 218-547-3729.

I also have cards and metal prints available. Metal prints are 8" square with hangers - $42.00. Paper prints will be available soon as well. This is the latest in my Walker, Minn. series paintings - by Jessie Townsdin Stolzman. (The prints are brighter than the original)

No comments:

Post a Comment