Saturday, June 15, 2013

Depth Finder *SOLD


Depth Finder was inspired by the Sunshine and a Winsor and Newton paint named Cobalt Turquoise Light.  This piece is 24" x 36" or 36" x 24" depending on the format you hang it. I have always wanted to create an abstract that could hang either horizontal or vertical. This attempt, in the past, always ended with an obvious hanging format. With Depth Finder I have finally succeeded in creating a piece that likes to hang either way.

As I painted this abstract I imagined looking down from the sky into a large, clear, turquoise body of water. I thought about the refreshing dive into this deep, beautiful, cool sea. In a way, it is a topographic map of the layers of refreshment water brings to the earth. Of course...it is abstract so I invite you to interpret Depth Finder in your own way. Enjoy

Depth Finder is an acrylic painting on stretched canvas $300.
It is available for sale at Peculiar Painter - 405 Front St W - Walker, MN 56484.
Please stop in and see it in person.


1 comment:

  1. This feels like the mood of swimming with the dolphins! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete