Saturday, October 1, 2022

Reflection at the Headwaters •SOLD


 



If you live in Minnesota, you have probably made a trip to Itasca State Park, to experience the Headwaters of the Mississippi. Some of us, have made this voyage many times. The history and awe of standing at the Headwaters of a major river is magnificent. My first time making this trip, didn't impact me a lot. I thought it was neat but it didn't move me like it does now. Just the fact that the path across the headwaters hasn't really changed since I was a kid and the fact that IT IS the Headwaters of the Mississippi - fills me with an energy that just feels good. 

I tried to capture the contemplation and reflection a teenage kid might feel - crossing the rocks at the headwaters for the first time. His thoughtful passing, with sandal in hand, as he is reminded where he stands and the journey this water will take. 

Reflection at the Headwaters is a brushed acrylic ink paining on 350 lb. hot press paper. It is professionally framed to a final size of 17.75"x12.25". This piece is available at Peculiar Painter in Walker, MN.  | 218-547-3729

cards are also available

No comments:

Post a Comment