Thursday, April 27, 2023

This is the Day




Two things have stayed consistent in my mind since mid-March. #1: my favorite Sunday school song - "This is the day that the Lord has made. We shall rejoice and be glad in it" - has been in my head nearly every morning. #2: I have had the need to paint a red and yellow ochre painting. The graceful flow of Elm Tree leaves felt right for this painting. I actually added more color and a horizon line to this piece but it didn't match my vision. More layers were added, the mood calmed and my vision was complete. 

This is the Day - is a 48"x24" acrylic painting on stretched canvas with cross braces and painted edges. It will be available at Peculiar Painter in Walker, MN. in May, 2023. Price is $1,500.00 | 218-547-3729











 

No comments:

Post a Comment