Sunday, May 1, 2011

Alstroemeria interpretation

It is interesting what type of flower a person is drawn to. I am often surprised to hear the reasons a certain flower is picked as someone's favorite. I have a friend who proudly declares the Alstroemeria as her favorite. I had to look it up to see what it was and of course I have seen this happy bright flower in many bouquets. I always considered it more of the side show - a filler flower until this friend spoke so highly of it. Looking closer I see all the beautiful lines, colors and patterns that make up this beauty. It is not a filler at all. This is a rather loose interpretation of the Alstroemeria. 
"Alstroemeria interpretation" is a small 12" X 12" acrylic painting on stretched canvas (1.5" stretcher bars).

No comments:

Post a Comment