Sunday, June 3, 2012

Minnesota Boys for the Summer

Some of my all time favorite memories are of Summers in Walker [northern] Minnesota. Our family would pile in the car and head “up north” for sunshine, swimming, fishing and family time. Grandpa built and ran a campground on Leech Lake (named after a man with the name of Leech...not leeches..just to be clear) all of us kids would work and play at the campground. Camper’s Landing was right next to my Aunt’s cabin and we loved when Aunt Christy would arrive with our cousins. The Arizona cousins became Minnesotans for the Summer. They played on the lake like there was no tomorrow. Fishing, canoeing, skiing, sailing, swimming and always in the water they were. We are all grown up now but still share memories of the best days “up north”. So when Matthew approached me to paint a few of these happy days I was excited to start to paint. This is the first one and I am waiting for his feedback before starting the next. 
Minnesota Boys for the Summer is a large 36" x 36" acrylic painting on stretched canvas


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors and movement! Gotta love Minnesota boys! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brings tears to my eyes. My Auntie owned a resort and I grew up with this as my summer memory. The water!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete