Monday, June 4, 2012

Apple Blossom Bloom

Apple Blossoms and Cherry Blossoms are some of my favorite first blooms of the Summer. The subtle scent draws me in and the light little blooms make me smile. The little petal shapes compared to their imperfect askew branches make them even more lovable. I photographed a few of these this Spring as inspiration for my sister to paint.  Josie's floral paintings with their thick layers of rich oil paint and rich color inspire me. Check them out www.josietrudgeon.com. 

Josie told me to paint them myself....so I did. ... although I still want to see her paint them!

This is a small 11" x 14" acrylic painting on stretched canvas. It is a donation to the Sandpoint Volleyball team's auction held on Friday, June 22nd at the Lodge in Sandpoint. The volleyball team qualified for the Junior Olympic Nationals in Ohio - this is part of the auction donations to help get them there. 

1 comment:

  1. I love them!! You are the apple blossom painter but thanks for the mention!!

    ReplyDelete