Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Entropy


I started this painting with a palette of rich dark blues, greys, greens and warm yellows in mind. It was to be organic, about twiggy nature and soft earthy elements. The more it grew the more I felt sweeping shapes and a mix of geometric lines that needed to be added. Soon my color palette became brighter and more vivid. Having the earthy organic sketch below helps to give this painting depth and movement. Once a painter learns to let go of the original vision and go with the feeling a painting needs to have, it can be a lot of fun.

The soundtrack is one called - Truly, Madly Deeply by Ray LaMontagne. I thought this would be appropriate since Mr. LaMontagne is played often while I paint. I hope you don’t mind that your music is my painting inspiration Ray.

ENTROPY - a painting - by Jessie Townsdin
36” x 36” acrylic on stretched canvas
more work: http://jessietownsdin.blogspot.com

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropy_(information_theory)

1 comment: