Saturday, July 13, 2013

Cork Handle & Classic Reel *sold

Sometimes a frame inspires a painting. That was the case with this 3.5" x 17" painting. There is a great little frame shop in Walker called Heritage Custom Framing. Joel, the framer, keeps a few odd sized and beautiful frames hanging to entice us painters. This one caught my eye and I thought for a day, after seeing the frame, until I came up with the idea to paint my Grandfather's classic fishing rod. The frame has a solid classic look to it and so does Grandad's fishing rod. It might look like a fly reel at first but look close and you will see the classic detailing of a traditional casting rod with cork handle. I think this little painting, which measures 5.5" x 19" in its frame, will make you smile.

Available at Peculiar Painter in Walker, MN 

No comments:

Post a Comment