Sunday, December 15, 2013

Graphite Sketch series - *SOLD



I like when someone has a vision for their walls that involves original artwork. Recently a young women came into the shop and took to some of my graphite sketches. I had 3 sketches framed in simple modern black frames and rough sketched borders. She chose 1 of these pieces and made a request that I sketch 5 more pieces in various shapes and sizes. She left it up to me to choose the subject and shapes of the pieces. So far I have created these 3. Two out of the three were chosen and I have 3 more to create. 

I always enjoy working with special requests and try to get a feel for the personality of the person the artwork is for. It is nice when requests come with little restriction because it opens the doors to create. 

No comments:

Post a Comment