Wednesday, December 4, 2013

From Sea to Shining Sea *SOLD


From Sea to Shining Sea was inspired by many different sources. The obvious source is the American flag.  I bought a beautiful American flag years ago. The flag is sewn with beautiful detail and uses gorgeous fabric with rich color. Each time I see this flag it fills me with joy. I have traveled to other counties and enjoy the visits but ALWAYs feel blessed to call the United States home.

Another source of inspiration is a paint from Winsor and Newton's Artist's Acrylic line called Perylene Green. The color has a nostalgic tone straight from the tube. Mixed with white or ochre it becomes a calming aqua tone. Since green is the compliment of red it really enhances the red of the flag.

The size of a canvas helps me choose the subject. When this 37" x 37" canvas came to me I wanted to paint something really special, with a personal meaning. I turned 37 in October and a good friend sent me this wonderful canvas. I thought that the gift of a custom blank canvas was ideal to celebrate a birthday. The gift was so thoughtful and full of inspiration.

Thank you to Tyga for modeling for this piece. Tyga's classic beauty has inspired a series of paintings.

Available at Peculiar Painter in Walker, MN 218-547-3729  -SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment