Saturday, January 10, 2015

Hosta Shoots - Aphrodite *SOLD

This painting was inspired by a flower I had seen in my Aunt and Godmother's gardens. Being a master gardener, my Aunt has beautiful gardens.  One plant in particular caught my attention. It was a white lily looking shoot. I was trying to remember what it was called when, while flipping through a flower seed catalog, it gave me it's name. It was the flower shoot from a Hosta or a Aphrodite Plantain Lily (Hosta Plantaginea Aphrodite). 

This makes sense since lilies are my favorites and I am fond of Hostas. I gave this piece a Nouveau swirl and used an over-painting style to give it a modern feeling with clean lines. 

Hosta Shoots - Aphrodite is 12" x 36" acrylic on stretched canvas with 1.5" stretcher bars and painted edges. Available at Peculiar Painter in Walker, MN for $295.00 | 218-547-3729


No comments:

Post a Comment