Friday, April 17, 2015

Calm Restored *SOLD

Earlier - this year - I painted a piece titled: Calm Within.  After finishing the piece - I pictured it as a square painting and made a mental note to create a similar piece in a square format. Not long after selling the piece - I got a call for a custom piece - similar to Calm Within - only smaller. Perfect, I thought, I will paint it sooner than planned.

My palette is nearly identical to my first painting. Here I created more variation between the red leaves in order to give it the feeling of vines overlapping and weaving between each other. 

Calm Restored is a 24"x24" acrylic painting on stretched canvas with 1.5" thick stretcher bars and painted edges. It is available at Peculiar Painter in Walker, MN | 218-547-3729

No comments:

Post a Comment