Monday, October 16, 2017

Seed Pod Soiree *SOLD




A few things lined up to make this painting happen. #1 - I visited my sister and her family in Montana in September. #2 - I bought a new lens with a good macro setting. #3 - Josie (my sister) and I went for a drive in the mountains. #4 - these seed pods begged to be photographed with their winding branches, beautiful pods and lovely colors.

It didn't take me long to set to work on this painting after returning home from our road trip. I envisioned the painting having a lot of sage greens, ivory and subtle ocher. The red invited itself in but stayed back as a compliment to the lighter colors. I use a combination of brush and palette knife to create Seed Pod Soiree.

The photos above show; the completed painting, my photo inspiration, Seed Pod Soiree displayed on a mantel and the last photo is one Josie Trudgeon took of me, contemplating the right angle for the pods. When 2 people who often carry cameras get together - you get a photo of someone taking a photo.

Seed Pod Soiree is a 30"x30" acrylic painting on stretched canvas with 1.5" thick stretcher bars and painted edges. It is available at Peculiar Painter in Walker, MN  | 218-547-3729

No comments:

Post a Comment