Friday, August 23, 2019

As Far As I Can See *SOLD

It's funny how a painting will find the person it belongs to. I don't know how many times I have heard gallery visitors say, "I don't know exactly what I'm looking for but I'll know it when I see it." It makes me happy when that piece is a creation of mine. 

I had just started this painting by applying my colors with a palette knife - creating thick layers. The week got busy and I didn't get a chance to work on this piece. It sat on my easel in our living room. Each morning I would wake up to these colors and think to myself, "I sort or want to leave it like this - the colors feel good to me." I happened to snap a photo of the morning light on the canvas to remember it after I worked the canvas up more. This same week a family friend stopped in for a visit. He took to the colors too and asked, "how much for the piece just as it is?" And that is the story of how this palette knife painting got to stay in it's raw color form (with a little fine tuning) and go to it's new home in Wisconsin. I couldn't be happier about this.

As Far as I Can See is a 40"x40" acrylic painting on stretched canvas with 1.5" thick stretcher bars and painted edges. It is SOLD.

No comments:

Post a Comment