Sunday, March 1, 2020

Postcard from Minnesota *SOLD

Living in the town I grew up visiting on Summer vacation often makes me feel like a tourist - savoring the lake and small town speed. This painting was inspired by a visitor I caught taking in the Walker Bay view in just that way. She looked comfortable and relaxed and I imagine her thoughts were in the moment - surrounded by lake, sky and a nice breeze. 

This piece has a special place in my Walker series because it reminds me of several visitors that frequent my little shop. It's funny how age at this angle can vary from young adult to retiree which is why she brings thoughts of several of my favorite visitors. 

Postcard from Minnesota is a brushed acrylic ink painting on 140 lb. hot press watercolor paper. It is framed to a final size of 9"x11" with conservation glass. I thought this original spoke best without a mat - simple and elegant. Postcard from Minnesota original is available at Peculiar Painter in Walker, MN. Prints and postcards will be available soon as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment