Saturday, May 30, 2020

Early Rise Yard Work •SOLD

I was trying to channel my Grandmother with this scene. I thought about her moving from Arizona to Minnesota in her late 20s. She went from being an independent newspaper woman to living in the quiet north woods with her new husband and his Norwegian family. I thought about how she would have gone from business attire to flannel, wool and work boots. I imagine she loved the view and took to the challenge like a trooper. She must have had thoughts of home dancing in her head as she worked at the resort and adjusted to Minnesota living. This is a piece about daydreams and hard work and being content at the end of the day. 

Early Morning Yard Work is a brushed acrylic ink painting on 140 lb. hot press paper. It is professionally framed to a final size of 13"x18.75". Note: Mat color is deep blue - it appears lavender in this photo.  218-547-3729


No comments:

Post a Comment