Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Time & Space •SOLD



 When considering commission paintings, I make sure I have enough connection with the idea in order to do justice to the piece. This piece was about a favorite rock over looking Leech Lake with a loved dog companion - enjoying the sun setting. I think many of us can relate to this feeling. There was an added bonus, for me, because the view included Goose Island in the distance. My Grandparents had a campground that faced the opposite side of Goose Island. Some of my absolute favorite memories include summers at the Camper's Landing beach with Goose Island in the distance.  

I used a combination of Palette knife and pointillism to give the painting a summer sun on water feel. I was asked to keep this piece loose and light feeling. With the optical mixing your eye fills in the spaces to make it feel like light reflecting color. 

Time & Space is a 24"x24" acrylic painting on stretched canvas with painted edges.  Cards will be available soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment