Thursday, November 21, 2013

GreatMother Oak *SOLD


GreatMother Oak was inspired by a giant oak tree on my Grandmother's property that I never noticed until this summer. It seems impossible to miss such a tall, majestic tree that reaches for what looks like miles...but I did. She is the quiet, wise, motherly Oak that doesn't call attention to herself until you look up and see her soul reaching out to keep the forest in balance. 

This piece was also inspired by a paint made by Amsterdam called Sky Blue Light. I have decided to break out of my usual Winsor and Newton palette and try some other paints. I was happy with this one...so happy that I used an entire 120 ml tube. Of course this is a large piece and does require a LOT of paint.

GreatMother Oak is 36" x 48" acrylic on stretched deep edge canvas. Available at Peculiar Painter in Walker, MN

No comments:

Post a Comment