Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Slalom Summers - *SOLD



Slalom Summers is a commissioned piece. One of my favorite customers, at my gallery Peculiar Painter, commented on my painting titled Lean into it saying, "I want this painting but of a woman in a bikini and she should be leaning into it the spray more, like my daughter does." She told me about her daughter's beautiful and skillful waterskiing and later brought me a photo of her skiing. She is indeed a graceful, strong and beautiful skier. We decided on a size which was a little smaller than my first painting. The final piece is 36" x 36" acrylic painting on stretched canvas. This was a lot of fun to paint. I enjoy working with a vision someone has for a piece. This one required many many layers and I am happy with the final piece. In fact...I'm not sure I want to let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment