Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Angelica Interpretation *SOLD


I was recently introduced to the book The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh and am truly enjoying it. In it the characters discuss the forgotten language and meaning of flowers. This reminded me of an Angelica essential oil that a friend once gave me. He told about, "white angelica's ability to bring a delicate sense of strength and protection." In the book I see that the flower also means Inspiration. The combination of Angelica's meaning made me curious to find out more about this plant. I can see where Angelica gets it's titles because one look at it and I was inspired to paint it and keep it near me.

I painted this piece using only: Raw Umber, Indanthrene Blue, Paynes Gray and white

Angelica Interpretation is a small 6"x12" acrylic painting on cradled wood panel. It is available at Peculiar Painter in Walker, MN. 

No comments:

Post a Comment