Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Norwegian Garden (work in progress) by Jessie Townsdin

Norwegian Garden is my escape from the temperatures that have been well below zero for too long. I need color and happy energy. I need life blooming around me and happy faces smiling at me. I need sunshine and warmth and newness. So far this one makes me happy. It is almost finished and then I might paint another one to accompany it…unless the weather warms up and then you won't be able to keep me inside!

Norwegian Garden is part of my Modern Scandinavian series influenced by the bright colors and elongated forms seen in Scandinavian design. It is an 18" x 36" acrylic painting on stretched canvas. Soon to be hanging at Peculiar Painter in Walker, MN.

1 comment:

  1. Love the bright colors and shapes! This painting (as do many of your paintings) brings a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete