Friday, August 22, 2014

Forest Quilt *SOLD


I used a lot of texture and layering to create Forest Quilt. If you get up close to it, you will see the overlaying of color, thick paint, and a crosshatching technique - all used to give this piece depth and the feeling of being deep in the forest. I have always been drawn to woven tapestries and wanted to give this piece the woven feeling with paint. Birch trees make a good subject for this style since the bark already has a woven appearance.

The colors I chose are exaggerated from those you might find in nature…but that is the fun part about painting…I can use any colors I like. Vibrant blues contrast the rich yellows and ochres in this piece, forcing the whites and creams of the Birch trunk to stand out. 


Forest Quilt is a 40"x30" acrylic painting on stretched canvas. The stretcher bars are 1.5" thick. It is available at Peculiar Painter in Walker, Minnesota | 218-547-3729

No comments:

Post a Comment