Saturday, August 23, 2014

Sincere Nature *SOLD


Sometimes the most fun pieces to create live in my mind until they are ready to hatch. That was the case with this piece. While enjoying a nice early summer drink on the patio, overlooking the lake, I noticed a sweet leafy branch with a beautiful flow to it. I wasn't quite sure how I wanted to capture the branch until today. 

A painter friend,  gave me some beautiful hand made paper to try. The warm tone, deckled edge and uneven variations called for brush and ink. Daler Rowney makes a gorgeous Red Earth ink which, set against the warm paper, has a very peaceful feeling. Ochre, warm red and grey are one of my favorite combinations SO I had to use a rich grey background. 

The final piece is simple but calming and elegant. I just might be hooked on ink and handmade paper. 

Sincere Nature is a 12"x12" ink on handmade paper piece. Available at Peculiar Painter in Walker, MN. for $45.00 | 218-547-3729


1 comment: