Thursday, September 17, 2015

Hudson Bay Morning *SOLD

Who turns down a Hudson Bay coat in pristine condition - not me. When my Aunt and Godmother, called to say she had a Husdon Bay with my name on it - I said - YES Please! The best part is that the coat was originally purchased just down the road from my shop. Aunt Christy does have an eye for the Classics! 

It has been too warm to wear my new coat but it has inspired a little painting/illustration. This 4" square painting started out as a drawing. I then painted over my sketch in ink and finally overpainted with acrylic. Since it is a small piece - it needed a bold frame and red was my first choice. I used a rustic - hand painted - layer of paint on this little frame and played off the Hudson Bay stripes with a touch of yellow.

Hudson Bay morning is framed to 7" square and available at Peculiar Painter in Walker, MN for $46.00

No comments:

Post a Comment