Thursday, October 29, 2015

This Land -SOLD

This Land is my newest painting on 140 lb paper. I used the technique of Red Earth FW ink for my base drawing and then overpainted with acrylic to give it a printed look. 

My inspiration for this piece was a fancy shawl dancer at an Onigum Pow Wow. I decided to create an open prairie feeling for the background to give the dancer a sense of limitless space and connection to the land. The dancer, in real life, wore pastel pinks, blacks and bright blue tones in her shawl. I decided to use earth tones to make her feel like she blended right into the landscape. We are all connected to the land and draw inspiration from her beauty. 

This Land is available at Peculiar Painter in Walker, MN. Artwork size is approximately 14"x18". Framed size is 19.5"x23". Call for more information 218-547-3729 | $300.00 framed

No comments:

Post a Comment