Monday, October 12, 2015

Fancy Shawl Dancer *SOLD

I have had the good fortune of being able to attend several Pow Wows in the Leech Lake area this summer. The Jingle Dress and Fancy Shawl dances are some of my favorite for accentuating the beautiful flowing style of the dancers. This illustration/painting is based on one of the fancy shawl dancers from the Leech Lake tribe. 

I sketched this piece with graphite and then overlaid my lines with FW Ink. My last step was to over paint with acrylic paint. I was careful to not overpower the dancer but hint at the vibrant colors of the dance. 

A good framer can really bring a piece alive. I went with Joel's advise at Heritage Framing and had him double matt the piece. He added a beautiful touch of raising the image slightly to give it a beautiful presence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment