Friday, February 19, 2016

Forest Tonic *SOLD



Forest Tonic was inspired by the feeling of renewal a walk in the woods can bring to it's visitors. I selected a canvas that is 4 feet wide in order to stretch out the branches like they are reaching out in the tree's long graceful pose. 

I'll admit that I often confuse a birch and a poplar tree. My husband, a tree expert, has given me some tips to identify the difference from a distance. One of these differences, he pointed out, is the dark reddish hue of the branches. Once he described this - I could picture the limbs and their lovely deep tone. In this piece, I over-exaggerated  the color making it very bright and bold. 

Forest Tonic is a 24" x 48" acrylic painting on stretched canvas with 1.5" thick stretcher bars and painted edges. It is available at Peculiar Painter in Walker, MN for $925.00 | 218-547-3729

2 comments:

  1. A couple years ago, I brought back from Leech Lake a birch tree for my home in Kansas. It turned out to not be a birch tree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one to mix them up!

    ReplyDelete