Friday, January 13, 2017

Milkweed Pods *SOLD

I started this piece with the frame. The frame caught my attention at Heritage Framing and with it's odd interior size of 7.5 inches square - I decided watercolor would work best. The background was the color I applied first - to compliment the frame. 

Daniel Smith watercolor has a gorgeous mineral paint called Fuchsite Genuine which shines, especially when mixed with other colors. The earth tones of the milkweed were then painted to stand out from the light background. The final piece has a summery feel. I do like to start with the frame so I can lay the artwork in it's frame - along the way - to make sure it sings together. 

Milkweed Pods is framed to a final size of 12"x12". Material is watercolor on 140 lb. hot press watercolor paper. Available after it is finished with conservation glass. $145.00 | 218-547-3729

No comments:

Post a Comment