Monday, January 23, 2017

Modern Scandinavian Garden Milkweed Blooms II *SOLD


Modern Scandinavian Garden - Milkweed Blooms II is a commissioned piece. When approached to create a 60"x36" painting - similar to my first Milkweed Bloom painting - I was excited to get to work. That was back in the summer. I finally got to work on my canvas in December!

Merett (my son) is now 7.5 months old and taking more consistent naps which means I get more time to paint. This piece still took me 2 months to finish - I painting every nap-time I could. A larger canvas allowed me to exaggerate the leaves and give the blooms a fun enveloping flow.  As with all my Modern Scandinavian paintings - the colors are vibrant, shapes exaggerated and proportions are whimsical. 

Modern Scandinavian Garden - Milkweed Blooms II is a 60"x36" acrylic on canvas painting with 1.5" thick stretcher bars and cross braces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment