Saturday, July 28, 2018

Shawn [not for sale]

Back in the early 2000 I want through a brown phase. Most of my paintings were very earthy and sepia toned with light blended layers. Since then my colors have gotten brighter, paint thicker and lines bolder. 

I thought it was time to liven up a painting I did around the year 2000. This is a portrait of my sister, Shawn. It was a gift to my Mom. My Mom loves blue and I gifted her a brown painting. Needless to say - she was thrilled with the updated painting. I am rather happy with the update myself. It is nice to see paintings in my different styles throughout the years but sometimes....you just have to add color.

Shawn is not available for sale. I do have cards available at Peculiar Painter in Walker, MN. | 218-547-3729

No comments:

Post a Comment