Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Modern Scandinavian Garden - Globe Thistle *SOLD



A new Modern Scandinavian Garden painting is complete. This one took many weeks with all it's little details on a large canvas. I have painted Globe Thistle in the background of several Modern Scandinavian pieces. This time I decided the Globes should be the stars. I know thistle of this variety are more lavender in color - but I felt this piece called for more blues and hints of lavender throughout.

As with my other large garden series, a bird made an appearance. This little Hummingbird is so tiny he might be missed - look closely. Sizes are exaggerated and colors magnified to give this piece a bold whimsical presence.

Modern Scandinavian Garden - Globe Thistle is a 48"x36" acrylic painting on stretched canvas. Stretcher bars are 1.5" thick with cross bars - edges are painted. Original painting is available at Peculiar Painter in Walker, MN  | 218-547-3729

No comments:

Post a Comment