Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Dockside Reflection - Walker Series #4 *SOLD


My vision for the 4th painting in my Walker, Minnesota series was of a woman sitting on the city dock with a braid over her shoulder, long skirt, striped top - a peaceful pose - very feminine. I had some ideas for my model. Then one day, while I was at the gallery, the perfect model walked in.

Shannon was in town visiting family. She was dressed casually in a sleeveless top with stripes, jeans, braid over her shoulder and hat in her hand. Her long elegant form was perfect for the image I wanted to paint. Thankfully she wasn't in a hurry and I enjoyed getting to know a little bit about her as we walked to the dock to take a few inspiration photos. I commented on her perfect posture - turns out she is a yoga instructor...which makes sense considering her graceful and fit form.

Dockside Reflection is a brushed acrylic ink painting on arches 140 lb. hot press paper. This piece is professionally framed and matted with conservation glass. Final framed size is 27" x 14.75" and available at Peculiar Painter in Walker, MN | 218-547-3729



No comments:

Post a Comment