Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Modern Scandinavian Garden - Phlox Blooms *SOLD



The shape of Phlox works well to inspire a Modern Scandinavian painting. Little did I know, when I bought myself a white Phlox plant this spring, that I already had a yard full of lavender phlox. Inspiration was everywhere! 

For this piece I used a combination of teal, cobalt, pthalo blues and sky blue to make the background vibrate BLUE. The moving vines in the background are a rich red iron oxide. The iron oxide whisps were added at the end to give the piece more depth and movement. As with all of my Modern Scandinavian pieces - the shapes as well as color is intense and exaggerated.

Modern Scandinavian Garden - Phlox Blooms is a 40"x40" acrylic painting on stretched canvas with cross bars. Stretcher bars are 1.5" thick with painting edges. This piece will be available soon at Peculiar Painter in Walker, MN | 218-547-3729

No comments:

Post a Comment