Thursday, February 19, 2015

Sky View *SOLD

Sky View has been on my mind to paint for approximately 4 years. It is inspired by the view I would see,  on a daily basis, as I crossed the sky bridge from one building to the next, at work. The Aspen trees that dotted the landscape looked so happy to be where they stood. They changed dramatically from season to season but always seemed content to be planted right where they were - waving at the mountains in the background.  

Since I viewed these trees from above, the perspective is askew - making them more playful. In the past my tree paintings have had an emphasis on the leaves. With this piece - I put the emphasis on the bark and exaggerated the colors with bright pyrolle orange, rich yellows, cobalt blue and teal. 

This piece will add an intense breath of fresh air to any space. Not only are the colors intense but the texture is varied and almost sculptural. Come in to Peculiar Painter to see it in person. 

Sky View is 36" x 48" on stretched canvas with 1.5" thick stretcher bars and painted edges. It is available at Peculiar Painter in Walker, MN 

No comments:

Post a Comment