Friday, May 1, 2015

The Imperial - commissioned painting *SOLD


The Imperial is unlike any other painting subject I have taken on before.  After getting in the habit of painting organic nature lines - it was a challenge for me to focus on straight angles and man made structures but I liked the idea of creating a special painting - a surprise from Husband to Wife. 

I received a call asking me to create a new piece to match a painting this couple already owned - painted by me. The size would be the same as the other - 36" x 48".  I was given a small photo of a hotel in Imperial, Nebraska along with a little background on the town and area. I decided to use bright colors and add birds flying as if they are migrating north. The significance of the birds is to represent "hometown" or the foundation to set this woman on her journey. The other significance was to add more movement to the scene. 

The surprise was fun to witness and I enjoyed being part of a special gift from one very loving husband to his very cool wife. 

No comments:

Post a Comment