Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Summer Song *SOLD




It's January which means things have gotten quiet at the gallery and I have 3 days a week to spend at home - PAINTING! Yes, I can paint at the shop but there is nothing like lighting candles, turning up the music and having the space all to myself to paint. I can work on larger pieces, watch the snow fall, make coffee and get lost in paint. My pup, Molly, seems to like this time too - she spent most of the afternoon curled up at my feet as I painted.

Palette knife painting felt like the obvious choice for a summer sailboat scene. The application of paint with a knife helps to create unexpected transitions that dance like light on water. I used broad paint application for the sky and water and more detail on the sailboats in the distance.

Summer Song is a 30"x40" acrylic painting on stretched canvas with 1.5" thick stretcher bars and painted edges. It is available at Peculiar Painter in Walker, MN for $565.00 | 218-547-3729

No comments:

Post a Comment