Thursday, April 7, 2016

Modern Scandinavian Garden - Milkweed Blooms *SOLD



As I prepared my 40"x40" canvas many ideas ran through my head of what I was in the mood to paint. I kept coming back to the idea of something light and whimsical with bright colors. I do love milkweed in all it's forms and have created a few paintings inspired by it. The ladder of large leaves and tiny blooms - creating a playful circle - make for a very whimsical subject. ..no wonder butterflies are drawn to it!

If you are looking for a colorful piece to brighten up a space - this painting packs a punch of color. The colors do vary throughout the day - depending on it's light source. It ranges from a deep blue in the evening to a lively bright palette in the afternoon.

Modern Scandinavian Garden - Milkweed Blooms is an original acrylic painting on stretched canvas with 1.5" thick stretcher bars and painted edges. It is 40" square and available at Peculiar Painter in Walker, MN for $1,450.00

No comments:

Post a Comment