Friday, March 2, 2018

Tigereye Nouveau *SOLD

I was struck by the nouveau swirl one evening while sitting at the dinner table - admiring a bouquet of flowers. My lilies were a few days old and starting to get the exaggerated swirl ...the way lilies do. I pictured some of my favorite art nouveau pieces and was inspired to sketch a small section of the lilies. The watercolor paper I had on hand was an odd size. I do enjoy an odd sized piece.

After sketching this piece I imagined tiger lily coloring...even though the lilies which inspired the piece were stargazers. Using FW Inks - I mixed my warm grays, bright oranges and greens to complete the nouveau piece in an arts and crafts - woodblock sort of feel.

Tigereye Nouveau is a 4"x11" brushed ink painting on 140 lb. cold press paper. It is professionally framed and matted to a final size of 6.5"x13.5" and available at Peculiar Painter in Walker, MN for $175.00. | 218-547-3729

No comments:

Post a Comment