Thursday, March 29, 2018

Lakeside Refresh *SOLD

This painting is inspired by a local resident who I often see walking - off in thought - with her headphones on. She is a wife and mother of 3, a working professional with many interests including sewing. I see her - often dressed in layers - carrying her hand sewn bag. She is tall and always neatly put together. I often find myself wondering what she thinks about on her walks. She always has a nautical feel about her. I picture her most at home by the water, wearing her stylish oversized glasses and hand made accessories. I have been wanting to paint her for years and finally - I came up with the right scene to place her in.

Lakeside Refresh is a 14" x 17" brushed ink painting on 140 lb arches cold press watercolor paper. I will have it professionally framed in a grey-blue barn wood frame and available soon at Peculiar Painter in Walker, MN. Cards and prints to follow. 218-547-3729. 

No comments:

Post a Comment