Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Bittersweet Braided Branches *SOLD



As you probably know by now - bittersweet is one of my favorite painting subjects. The branches alone provide inspiration - then add the vivid berries and their delicate dancing leaves and they provide the perfect subject.  For this painting - my largest bittersweet painting yet - I picked my models very carefully. Unwrapping the branches from their tree host - I tried to collect the grapevine intertwined with the bittersweet.  I included a photo of my models above.

This painting needs to be viewed in person to appreciate the subtle warm glow in the background. I couldn't capture it with a photo.

Bittersweet Braided Branches is a 12" x 36" acrylic painting on stretched canvas with cross braces and painted edges. This piece can hang horizontal or vertical. Stretcher bars are 1/5" thick. Painting is available at Peculiar Painter in Walker, MN | 218-547-3729

No comments:

Post a Comment