Wednesday, June 10, 2015

October Paddle *SOLD

October Paddle was inspired by a beautiful evening, a man (my husband) and his fishing rod, a canoe with ties to Minnesota and the reflection that a steady stroke makes on a calm lake. 

I have had this painting in mind for some time and finally had the right subject to paint. As with all my paintings, I started out with a sketch in paint - an underpainting. This portion came along fast as I was anxious to get this image down in paint. My husband says that he must inspire me - which he does. The layers happened over several weeks as I added many colors and details. I wanted the water to be just as much a part of the painting as the movement of the canoe. 

October Paddle is a 30" x 40" acrylic painting on stretched canvas with 1.5" thick stretcher bars and painted edges. Available at Peculiar Painter in Walker, MN | 218-547-3729

No comments:

Post a Comment