Thursday, January 10, 2019

Loon Trio *SOLD


Who cannot help but love a loon? Their calls remind us of home - of the lake, peaceful evenings on or by the water, warm summer breezes and campfires. Their patterns are the most striking dance of dots and lines - textile/tribal/totems. As common as they are in Minnesota you would think I'd get used to them but each time I encounter one I feel a sacred presence about them.

It wasn't until I got close to this trio of loons that I decided I needed to paint them. The patterns playing off of each other  and reflecting on the still lake appealed to the pattern lover in me. I envisioned painting this scene large but I found myself sketching on a smaller scale this week and so we have a small loon painting.

Loon Trio is a 8.5"x5.5" brushed ink painting on 140 lb. cold press paper. It is professionally framed and matted with conservation glass to a final size of 14" x 11". Loon Trio is available at Peculiar Painter in Walker, MN | 218-547-3729

No comments:

Post a Comment