Friday, January 25, 2019

Modern Scandinavian Wild Rose *SOLD




I have been waiting for the time to paint these wild roses since the day I photographed them.  While out on a walk, last summer, the whimsical flower shells caught my attention. I would not have known what they were had I not seen a wild rose in full bloom near by. The center of the rose after the petals fall are a delight with their polka-dot spacing and yellow eye. Of course I had to exaggerate the form even more for this piece.

Modern Scandinavian Wild Rose is an acrylic painting on stretched canvas with 1.5" thick stretch bars and painted edges. I thought the unique size of 48"x12" would compliment the twirling leaves and stems. This painting will be available soon at Peculiar Painter in Walker, MN  | 218-547-3729

No comments:

Post a Comment